In today’s age of online business, email marketing has become the most important part of any marketer’s portfolio. And the very first step in becoming a successful online marketer is to choose the best email marketing tool. Though there is no dearth of choices available in the market today, when it comes to your business you would like to go ahead with the best service that money can buy. No matter whether you are a novice marketer or a pro player in the field, choosing the suitable email marketing software can be quite confusing.
In this post we’ll review the three major aspects of any email marketing tool; features, Price and Customer support to identify the best one for your business.
GetResponse is the pioneer software for creating engaging marketing emails for your business. One of the very firsts in this field, the software enjoys a huge client base and customer loyalty today.
- The smart email creator: The primary job of an email marketing software is to create engaging marketing emails that will effectively drive the traffic to your website. The GetResponse email creator is one of the most vibrant and easy to use tool available for this purpose. The software offers over 500 templates to work on and over 1000 free images in its archive. The smart editor lets you add pictures, graphs, charts and other elements by simply drag and drop method. If you do not want to use the basic layout provided by the software, you can also use the HTML Code editor to create your unique layout.
- Responsive email design: This feature is unique to GetResponse. With this feature, your email contents will adjust itself automatically according to the viewing platform. So, no matter whether the mail is viewed through a PC, a smart phone or a tablet; your subscriber will always get a great email experience.
- E-mail intelligence: This feature enables you to see the response of your marketing campaign on hourly basis. Truly, there can be no better way to understand your ROI. You can see the number of sent, opened, bounced mails with one click only. The software also gives you a consolidated report on the number of sales directly generated from the email campaign. Another great feature that was added recently is the ‘Email Client Stats’. This one gives you a report on whether your mail was opened on a computer, smart phone, tablet or iPhone. Empowered with this data, you can optimise your contents and designs to suit your preferred client base.
- Other great features: Among the other great features that GetRespone provide are pop-up forms, landing page, webinar, A/B testing etc.
GetResponse offers a value for money pricing plan that starts only at $15 per month.
- We found the GetResponse support team to be quite knowledgeable and helpful.
- Apart from this the software shares some easily downloadable guiding videos to educate their clients on various aspects.
- The software boosts of a zero downtime track record for a fairly long time now.
Founded in 1998, AWeber has created a niche for itself in quite short time. Great customer support and one-step ahead technology has made the software a preferred choice among many marketers.
- Email creator: The software provides 700 ready to use email templates that helps you create an eye catching newsletter. The working interface is also quite easy to use with drag and drop facilities. AWeber provides around 7000 free images that you can use to create a vibrant email.
- Performance analysis: As stressed earlier, analysing your campaign’s effectiveness is crucial for creating a successful marketing campaign. AWeber gives you a comprehensive report on all sent, opened, and unsubscribed mails on your list. This feature is extremely helpful to generate traffic and convert it to sales. Another great feature that made AWeber immensely popular is the ‘ Aweber App’. You can download this app on your smart phone and iPhone and can monitor your campaign anytime, from anywhere.
- Social Media integration: AWeber let you synchronise your marketing emails with major social media such as Facebook and Twitter. So, you can expand the reach of your campaign by sharing the link of your newsletter to all followers in Facebook and Social Media.
- Other features: Apart from this celebrated features, the software also lets you design some great sign up forms and offers a comprehensive subscriber management tools.
- The software offers two kind of plans Standard and High Volume Plans. So you can choose one according to your requirement.
- The pricing starts from $19 a month.
- Aweber provides some comprehensive how-to videos to help their clients with various nuances of the software.
- The support team is also very helpful and available 27*7.
A preferred choice for many small businesses, Constant Contact provides a 360 degree approach in overall online marketing.
- Easy to use mail creator: Constant Contact offers some great ready to use templates. So, even if you are a complete novice you can create attractive email newsletters with this software. Simply insert your texts, charts or graphs and you are good to go. Another plus point of this software that it creates completely mobile friendly emails. So, your subscribers can open the newsletter ever on the go.
- Social media integration: Constant Contact increases your reach manifolds by integrating social media with your email marketing campaign. Through this software, you can share the contents of your newsletters on all major social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
- ROI analysis: The software offers you a comprehensive analysis of the email marketing campaign. With one simple click you can see all the sent mails, open mails, mails that generated clicks etc. With this analysis in hand it is much easier for marketers to calculate the ROI for any campaign.
- Anti spam policy: Apart from other awesome features, the software adheres to the latest anti-spam policies strictly. Constant contact boosts with an impeccable record of 98% mails hitting the inbox.
Though the packages starts from $20 per month, the company offers a 60 day free trial.
- 24*7 online support from the customer care team.
- The software provides special training classes on online marketing for their customers.
- Records tutorial videos, webinars, and how to guides are provided to their customers through their website.
After reviewing all three software, we found that each has its own strength and weaknesses. While AWeber offers some great contemporary features such as app support, the software does not provide much deep ROI analysis and almost no email intelligence. On the other hand, Constant Contact with their 360 degree approach may be a good option for small businesses; but it does not provide any specialised or unique feature for email marketing.
But, when it comes to GetResponse, the software is almost all that a online marketer can dream of. It provides some great features at a very competitive price range. The set back was no social media integration which has been included recently. So, at present we can say GetResponse is the best email marketing software available in the market.
Now that you know the best email marketing software available, give the much needed boost to your online marketing campaign.